We have expertise in planning, urban design, architecture, landscape design, communications, research, community engagement and public policy.
Michelle Senayah, HBAS MUDS LEED AP SEED | Co-Founder and Executive Director
Michelle is an urban designer who is passionate about the public realm and what happens in it. She works collaboratively with designers and planners, community members, municipal staff, students and politicians to plan, design and implement projects and policies that redefine how we think about and use our public space.
Ariana Cancelli, BA MPl | Co-Founder and Chief Development Officer
Ariana is an urban planner and community engagement specialist who is focused on building healthy, sustainable and economically viable cities and communities. Her skills include urban planning, research, community and stakeholder engagement, facilitation and communications.
Filip Filipovic, BA (Hons) MPl | Planner
Filip is an urban planner with a keen interest in animating Toronto’s neglected public spaces through community-based placemaking initiatives. He is contributing to the development of several laneway activations across the city to change how people experience and engage with laneways as public space.
Katrina Afonso, BA | Digital Communications
Katrina is a digital communications professional with a passion for photography, government, and grassroots projects. Katrina is focused on implementing innovative technologies to bring new ideas to the local conversation, like using virtual reality to visit inspiring laneways from around the world.
Nikolas A. Koschany, BURPl (Hons), MCIP | Planner and Researcher
Nikolas Koschany is a data driven urban planner who uses the city as his canvas for projects that foster inclusiveness and equity. Nikolas has worked to create a city-wide typology of Toronto's 2400+ laneways, and is assembling a "toolkit" of laneway revitalization strategies that anyone can pick up to improve their own laneway.
Board of Directors
- Yvonne Bambrick, Executive Director of the Forest Hill Village BIA, Event Photographer, and Author of The Urban Cycling Survival Guide
- Jacquelyn Daley, Land-Use Planner, McCarthy Tétrault’s Real Property & Planning Group
- Andrew Peek, Managing Director, The Junction Company
- Michelle Senayah, Co-Founder of The Laneway Project, Co-Founder & Programming Director of Open Streets TO, Principal at Senayah Design
- Ariana Cancelli, Co-Founder of The Laneway Project and Urban Planner at Canadian Urban Institute