Volunteer Opportunity: Mapping and GIS
The Laneway Project is looking for an individual with mapping and GIS skills to support our team’s geo-spatial research and mapping efforts. The individual would work directly with TLP Directors on a part-time basis.
Specific responsibilities would include:
- Help to improve existing laneway web map, by adding new layers and functionality
- Explore and create mapping solutions to visualize laneway opportunities and projects
- Assist with geo-spatial data analysis to support laneway projects and research
- Working knowledge of Desktop GIS Software: ArcGIS, FME, AutoCAD Map
- Familiarity with free/open source mapping solutions and GIS software (e.g. QGIS, CartoDB)
- Completed or currently completing a post-secondary degree in Geographic Information Systems, Information Technology or an equivalent
- Graphic design skills/knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop an asset
- This is a volunteer position, with an opportunity for future paid work.
- Work can be easily done on evenings and weekends for those who are currently in school or working during the day.
- Approximate time commitment will be 3-4 hours per week, with some weeks requiring more or less time; however, this can be negotiated based on the availability of the individual.
To apply for this opportunity, please send an email with your resume to email@example.com.