Toronto Laneway Spring Clean-up
April 22-23, 2017
Just in time for the City's annual Clean Toronto Together event (April 22-23), we’re providing 7 communities with everything they need to clean up their laneways. We'll drop off a Spring Cleaning Kit of paint and brushes, garbage and recycling bags, and even coffee to fuel your efforts.
Groups of friends, neighbours, or co-workers are invited to apply before April 12th.
Even if you can't participate on April 22-23, working with your neighbours to clean up your laneway each spring is still a great way to get rid of garbage, weeds and debris, and address other issues, such as graffiti tagging, that have occurred over the winter. After all, a laneway that is well-maintained is more likely to stay that way!
How to Participate
- Contact your friends and neighbours to gauge interest in participating.
- Once you've got a group of at least 3-4 people, fill out a quick application with information about your group and laneway. The last day to apply is Wednesday April 12th, and spots will be filled on a first-come-first-served basis.
- We'll contact you to confirm whether you've been selected by Thursday April 13th.
- You plan the event and get other neighbours and friends involved. See our tip sheet for some pointers.
- On Friday April 21st, we'll drop off the supplies for your clean-up, including: cans of paint, rollers, paint brushes, garbage and recycling bags, gloves, AND and Starbucks gift card to purchase coffee for your clean-up day.
- Host your event on April 22nd or 23rd. Take lots of pictures and post them to social media using the hashtag #lanewaycleanup.
This event has been sponsored by Josh Klein. Clean-up supplies are being provided by City of Toronto and StART Toronto.