The Laneway Project is a not-for-profit social enterprise.
We believe that thriving public spaces help to create strong communities, and that laneways have at the potential to be vibrant community spaces that support healthy neighborhoods.
Our work falls into 3 streams:
- We initiate and implement community-driven demonstration projects to improve and activate laneways throughout the city.
- We work with City and other stakeholders to create laneway friendly policies and procedures.
- We develop resources to inspire and support communities, policy and decision makers improve and make better use of laneways.
Our services include:
Community Centered Planning
We work with and support local communities in improving and activating their laneways
We develop master plans, laneway greening projects, pop-up laneway activations in collaboration with local communities. '
Project Development and Management
We nurture laneway project ideas and help bring them to life.
We manage contracts, complete project approvals, and manage contractors and finances.
Policy Research and Development
- We work with City Hall staff to ensure that individual laneway revitalizations are integrated with Toronto’s city-wide network of laneways and more general public realm improvements.
- We develop public planning resources to empower Torontonians to undertake their own laneway transformation projects.